Diversified company with a wide spectrum of project types. Hiring CA, AZ, and Utah. Top pay, growth, and Industry leading fringe benefits. Healthcare, Vision, Life insurance, PTO, 401K/Match, Profit sharing, Defined benefit pension plan. Applicant Must be proficient in AutoCad and HydraCad, revit is a plus. Applicant should be able to perform hydraulic calculations and stock listing, and have extensive knowledge of NFPA 13. BIM experience helpful but not required. Extensive continued education program, for those that like to learn. Experience in sprinkler or mechanical design required.
Applicant shall have a minimum 3 years in Fire Alarm/sprinkler outside sales and or a marketing degree/experience. Primary responsibility includes sales of Fire and Life safety inspection testing and maintenance, construction solutions. Applicant shall be well spoken, and comfortable representing himself in front of decision makers and gatekeepers of businesses and property management professionals. Position involves following up on on internal leads, generating new leads, and cold calls. Commercial business facilities are the target clientele. Services sold are code and legislation enforced, therefore required. Growing, progressive company with industry leading benefit package.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a degree in a related discipline.
- Familiarity reading drawings and specifications.
- RCM Fire Protection Inc. is a privately held commercial fire protection firm which is located in Tracy, CA. We have over 20 years of experience in Fire protection in the Sf Bay area and Southern CA. Our focus in on new commercial construction, tenant improvement and building renovation projects, design build and engineered work. We are seeking an individual that is highly motivated, driven and has a relevant degree and perhaps industry experience (helpful but not required).
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications in order to help chief estimators provide an accurate bid proposal.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing with internal take-off software.
- Prepare conceptual estimates.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple on-going projects.
- Maintain bidding deadlines and pricing exercises.
- Compare and evaluate competitive vendor pricing.
- Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with chief estimator.
- Attend job site walks and coordination meetings as necessary.
- Assist field personnel with all relevant changes to existing projects.
- Engineering or Construction management degree
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Careful attention to detail and resourcefulness in acquiring project specific information.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under differing deadlines.
What We Offer
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Fire Sprinkler Inspector & Fire Alarm (Fire Alarm preferred not required)
The Inspector’s responsibilities include inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems. This individual must be organized, detailed, self-motivated, and customer service oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide detailed and thorough inspection reports and also coordinate scheduling with our customers.
- Perform routine quarterly, semi annual, annual, and five year inspections for fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm, and also fire pumps.
- Daily communications with our service manager, assisting in scheduling, and notifying the team when work is complete in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and a positive attitude.
- Must be a self motivated individual who can perform job duties without a vast amount of supervision.
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of NFPA codes and fire life safety
- Strong knowledge in fire sprinklers, PIV’s FDC’s, Backflows, Fire pumps, and other devices and critical components. Alarm panels preferred not required.
- NICET Level II or III preferred
- Must be capable to use inspection software and submit inspection reports in the upmost timely manner.
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Must have a high school diploma and the ability to read and write English proficiently.
- Has outstanding customer service skills and have the ability to communicate with facility managers, customers, and AHJs on a regular basis
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass pre-employment drug screen, background and reference check
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components (preferred)
- Physical Requirements include the ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Job will require regular bending, reaching, climbing and walking